Competitive Registration is now open on the new RAMP registration system! (House League registration will open shortly).
For players interested in competitive, it is VERY IMPORTANT TO REGISTER IMMEDIATELY
as competitive team compositions (defined below) will begin immediately and be completed within 10 days time.
Click Here to register or follow this link - http://londondgha.rampregistrations.com/
Please read the below details:
Both Parent/Guardian and Player must be present when registering (electronic signatures required).
Our plan for the 2020-2021 season is in the process of being reviewed by the Ontario Women's Hockey Association, and is fully subject to their approval prior to the season starting. Please note: Some adjustments to the plan may be necessary and changes to the details below may be made.
At this time we will not be collecting deposit fees upon initial registration. We will however be asking for payment instalments, beginning mid September or early October, once we are provided ice allocation and have an approved return to play structure. Fees have not been finalized, but participants should consider a similar fee structure as last year.
Player Health & Safety Measures:
The London Devilettes 2020-21 Competitive Season will remain in compliance with all laws, guidelines and recommendations from the Government of Ontario, London and Middlesex Health Unit, Hockey Canada, OWHA and the City of London. Strict measures will be taken to ensure the health and safety of players, parents, coaches, and other volunteers, including:
- All on-ice activities limited to isolated Groupings of participants.
- Using “Extended Groupings“ for play with a current maximum of 34 players in order to limit the participants our players and coaches will come into contact with.
- Strict facility entry protocols, limited spectators, and self-screening of all participants.
- Comprehensive records of player participation in games and practices, to assist with contact tracing, if required.
- A detailed plan for how we will respond to any suspected, probable, or potential Covid-19 cases
- Modified games rules (as defined by the OWHA) will be used to limit/reduce physical contact
- Tryouts are not permitted by the OWHA this season. Coaches assigned to each Group within the Extended Grouping will make player selections, using former coaches input, knowledge from pre-season scouting of players and with the Board of Directors approval of final rosters.
- Players will be assigned to a Group (team) of 17 within a 34-player Extended Grouping, based on their age category and skill level.
- In the competitive stream, imports will be restricted as follows for 2020-2021:
- Junior Team, U18 (Team 1), U15 (Team 1) – Limited to 4 imports per team
- U13 (Team 1), U11 (Team 1), U9 (all teams) – no limit on imports
- All other competitive teams are closed to imports for the 2020-2021 season.
* The definition of an ‘import player’ is a player who does not reside in London AND was not on a London Devilettes roster during the previous season, OR a player who was registered in another OWHA organization the previous year.
- Practices: All practices and development will involve a single Group of players and coaches assigned to that Group.
- Games: Groups of Players will only be a part of 1 Extended Grouping. At this time multiple teams of similar skill level will play 3-on-3 within the same Extended Grouping. Games may evolve to 4-on-4 and eventually 5-on-5 hockey, as restrictions allow. All games will include OWHA on-ice officials and timekeepers and adhere to participant restrictions as set forth by the local health unit, OWHA and all governing bodies.
- Although players will be assigned to Groups of 17 and practice with that Group, for competition, the players within each Extended Grouping may be mixed on separate game play teams, however ALL players will always remain in the same Extended Grouping.
- Coaches in each Extended Grouping will work together to ensure these game play teams are as balanced as possible, including continual balance of skill levels and players from each Group within the Extended Grouping.