In accordance with Section 10.01 of the LDGHA By
Laws, members of the London Devilettes Girls Hockey Association are invited to
the Annual General Meeting to be held on Wednesday, September 30th,
2020, at 7:30pm. Based on recent social restrictions this AGM will be hosted
via virtual conference.
- In order to
administer on-line ballots, virtual meeting invitation and documentation of
attendance, it is imperative that all members who wish to attend sign up
by clicking here
or using on-line sign up by 11:59pm Sunday,
September 27th (https://londondevilettes.ca/Forms/3351/AGM_Attendance_Form/)
The business transacted at the annual meeting shall include:
1. Receipt of the agenda;
2. Receipt and approval of the minutes of the previous annual and subsequent special meetings;
3. Consideration of the financial statements;
4. Report of the auditor or person who has been appointed to conduct a review engagement;
5. Reappointment or new appointment of the auditor or a person to conduct a review engagement for the coming year;
6. Report of the President and Executive members;
7. Election of Directors and Executive;
8. Such other or special business as may be set out in the notice of meeting.
No other item of business shall be included on the agenda for annual meeting unless a Member’s proposal has been emailed to the Secretary prior to Monday, September 21st, 2020 at 11:59 pm, in accordance with the Act, so that such item of new business can be included in the notice of annual meeting.
Board Directorship Positions:
There are 4 Director at Large positions that will be open for nomination. Any member in good standing within the LDGHA and 18 years of age or older at the time of the AGM, may be nominated for a Director at Large.
Directorship positions open are:
· Competitive Director
· Social Media Director
· Development Director
· Police Check (member documentation) Director
Assignment of voted in Director(s) positions and re-arrangement of current members roles is at the discretion of the President of the LDGHA. More Directorship positions may come open based on current Directors applying for Executive positions.
There are 4 Executive positions that will be open to election through specific position nomination:
· Vice President- Hockey Operations
Any member in good standing within the LDGHA and 18 years of age or older at the time of the AGM, and is not a competitive head coach for the 2020-2021 season may be nominated for the Treasurer and Secretary positions. The role of President and VP-Hockey Operations must be filled by a member as stated above who is not a head coach and has served on the board at a minimum of 1 year in the past 2 seasons.
* for full executive position descriptions please refer to section A,B,C,D of the By-Laws
Nominations should be forwarded via email to the LDGHA President no later than Wednesday, September 23rd 2020 at 11:59pm
Proxies will be available starting Sunday September 20th, 2020 at 6:00pm until Friday, September 25th, 2020 at 11:59pm. To request a proxy, you must e-mail the Registrar.
No proxy requests will be accepted after Friday, September 25th, 2020 at 11:59pm. It is the responsibility of the member requesting the proxy to ensure that the original signed proxy form by the member is received by the Registrar no later than 6:00pm on Sunday, September 27th, 2020