In accordance with Section
10.01 of the LDGHA By Laws, members of the London Devilettes Girls Hockey
Association are invited to the Annual General Meeting to be held on Tuesday
June 20th 2017, 6:30pm at the NORTH LONDON COMMUNITY CENTRE
The business transacted at the annual meeting shall include:
1. Receipt of the agenda;
2. Receipt and approval of the minutes of the previous annual and subsequent special meetings;
3. Consideration of the financial statements;
4. Report of the auditor or person who has been appointed to conduct a review engagement;
5. Reappointment or new appointment of the auditor or a person to conduct a review engagement
for the coming year;
6. Report of the President and Executive members;
7. Election of Directors and Executive;
8. Such other or special business as may be set out in the notice of meeting.
No other item of business shall be included on the agenda for annual meeting unless a Member’s proposal has been given to the Secretary prior to the giving of notice of the annual meeting in accordance with the Act, so that such item of new business can be included in the notice of annual meeting.
Board Directorship Positions:
There are 6 Director at Large positions that will be open for nomination. Any member in good standing within the LDGHA and 18 years of age or older at the time of the AGM, may be nominated for a Director at Large.
There are 4 Executive positions that will be open: President, Vice-President, Registrar, and Treasurer.
In accordance with Section 6.05, no individual shall be elected as President or Vice-President unless he or she has served a minimum of one year on the Board within the last two years.
Nominations should be forwarded via email to the LDGHA President no later than Wednesday June 14th 2017.
Proxies will be available starting Sunday June 11, 2017 at 6:00pm until Monday June 19, 2017 at 6:00pm. To request a proxy you must e-mail Don Cox, Registrar.
No proxy requests will be accepted after Monday, June 19, 2017 at 6:30pm. It is the responsibility of the member requesting the proxy to ensure that the original signed proxy form by the member is received by the Registrar no later than 6:30pm on Tuesday, June 20, 2017